Phoenix Personal Injury FAQ

You’ve got questions—we’ve got the answers. Call the Law Offices of Michael Cordova to speak to an attorney about your case today during a free initial consultation. In the meantime, look through the Q&A below to get answers to some common questions about the personal injury claim process in Phoenix.

How long is the statute of limitations for personal injury in Arizona?

In Arizona, as in every state, there is a time frame on how long you can file an injury claim following an accident. As an Arizona resident, you have up to two years to file a claim against a negligent party for recovery of your losses. If you sustained an injury you didn’t know about right away, the two years may start the day you discovered your injury.

Do you offer contingency fee arrangements to personal injury victims?

Yes! We are proud to offer our legal services to Phoenix injury victims with no money up front. Our fees come out of any settlement we help you win. Because we can usually get you a larger settlement than you could get yourself, our fees often pay for themselves!

What is comparative fault, and how does it affect my Phoenix injury case?

Comparative fault is a legal term used to describe the sharing of blame in an accident. For example, if you are hurt in an auto wreck, you may hold 10 percent of the fault for the accident while the other driver is found to be 90 percent at fault. Your damages in this case would be reduced by your 10 percent if you win an injury claim against the other driver.

What are economic and non-economic damages?

Economic damages are the financial ways you’ve been affected by your accident. Medical costs, treatment expenses, lost wages, and property damage are a few examples of economic damages. Non-economic damages refer to the suffering, pain, trauma, life-altering effects, and emotional distress of your experience.

Will I need to go to trial in Phoenix to win the money I need following my accident?

Most likely you will not need to go to court to receive fair compensation. A settlement is often reached before trial would ever be necessary. Court is always a possibility, but your lawyer will prepare you for that if it were to happen.

Make the Call to a Personal Injury Attorney in Phoenix, AZ

Get in touch with the Law Offices of Michael Cordova for a free case review. Dial 602-265-6700 or complete the web submission form you’ll find down below.