Michael Fairbairn Córdova
- J.D., Harvard Law School
- B.S., Arizona State University
- State Bar of Arizona
- Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association of Justice
Michael was born and raised in Albuquerque, New Mexico. At seven years of age, Michael was diagnosed with cancer. He had a malignant tumor on his thyroid and had to have emergency surgery to remove the tumor and his thyroid. After his surgery, he received radioactive iodine treatment, and Michael has remained cancer-free ever since.
In 1984, he and his family relocated to Tucson, eventually settling in the Phoenix metropolitan area. In 1988, he graduated from Arizona State University and was accepted into Harvard University Law School, where he graduated in 1991 with a Juris Doctor degree in Law.
In 1994, Michael founded his law firm, the Law Offices of Michael Córdova. He has limited his practice exclusively to personal injury, including catastrophic injury and wrongful death. He is a member of the State Bar of Arizona and Maricopa County Bar Association, as well as a member of the Arizona Trial Lawyers Association and the American Trial Lawyers Association. He has argued cases before the Arizona Court of Appeals, and his cases have been petitioned up to the Arizona Supreme Court and the United States Supreme Court.
Michael strongly believes in supporting the local community and currently supports the following local foundations:
- Stepping Stones of Hope, a non-profit organization that provides hope and healing for those suffering from grief. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for Stepping Stones of Hope.
- Phoenix Children’s Project, a non-profit organization that provides assistance to families and children living in poverty in metro Phoenix.
- Komen – Phoenix Race for the Cure – a non-profit foundation that educates women at risk for breast cancer on prevention, early detection and access to care; acts as a resource for breast self-awareness, education, screening, treatment and survivor support.
- The Michael Córdova College Scholarship, which annually awards $1,000 to one Arizona high school senior who wants to pursue higher education at an Arizona-based community college or university.
- Madison Little League, located in our local community of the Madison District, cultivating teamwork, a competitive spirits, and sportmanship in Phoenix youth.
- Michael and his family are active with Most Holy Trinity Catholic Church.
Michael spends his free time with his wife, Luz, and their five children, whose ages range from 3 to 20 years old. Michael enjoys traveling with his family, and he is a passionate fan of NFL Football and Formula One auto racing.