Drowning Accident Lawyers in Phoenix
If your child or loved one was injured or experienced a wrongful death due to a drowning accident, our Phoenix lawyers know that you and your family are going through an extremely traumatic and distressing time. Because of this, our attorneys are more than willing to alleviate the burdens you are experiencing by taking care of and guiding you through the legal process.
Your child’s injuries or death could have been avoided if certain safety precautions and supervision measures were in place. As a result, we will help you hold liable those who failed to provide:
- Fencing around the pool with a locking gate
- Proper maintenance of pool surroundings
- Flotation devices
Types of Drowning Accidents
There are three classified types of drowning accidents. Once you identify the type of accident your family member experienced, we can immediately begin working on your case.
- Near drowning – This occurs when water is inhaled. There can be impediments to recovery, but recovery is possible.
- Secondary drowning – This occurs when water is inhaled. This ultimately damages the lungs and causes death.
- Drowning – This occurs when water is inhaled and death is brought about by suffocation.
Unfortunately, drowning accidents are one of the most common causes of death for children under 16 years of age. For more information regarding child claims, click here. If your case includes a claim against a public or government association, click here for more information. If you would like to learn more about the litigation process and the complexities involved, click here.
If your child or a family member has experienced a drowning accident, please contact our attorneys for a free consultation. You can contact the Law Offices of Michael Cordova at (602) 265-6700. You can also contact us via our Chat Services or by filling out our online Case Evaluation form.