Common Causes of Daycare Accidents
Daycare accidents can be caused by a multitude of things, whether it is due to negligence or child abuse. The main purpose that parents use a daycare is so the daycare employees will care for the well being of their child. Although a daycare guarantees that they will care for your child, this is not always the case. Daycare accidents can potentially cause a child pain, suffering, and/or permanent emotional and physical damage.
List of Common Causes of Daycare Accidents
- One common cause of a daycare accident is when a daycare employee or owner is neglectful.
- For example, an employee/owner can be neglectful in maintaining the daycare surroundings and heeding the safety codes and regulations of the State. This neglectfulness could potentially cause a child to be harmed by the daycare surroundings.
- An employee/owner can also be neglectful of a child by not being constantly aware of the location of a child or an employee's actions around children. Failure to be aware may cause an unwanted daycare accident.
- Another common cause of a daycare accident is when a child is being mistreated.
- This mistreatment can happen if an employee does not know how to handle babies and children.
- This can also occur when an employee physically or emotionally hurts a daycare child. The mistreatment of children may cause permanent emotional and/or physical damage.
Claims Involving Minor Children
When a minor (someone under 18 years of age) has a personal injury claim, in many cases, there is an extra set of procedures that apply to protect the interests of the minor. Specifically, the minor, usually through their attorney, will petition the probate court for approval of the minor settlement. This includes the amount of the settlement, the medical expenses to be paid from the settlement, the attorney's fees and costs, and the net settlement for the minor claimant. A more detailed explanation of this process is explained on our Minor Child Injury Pages.
If awareness and caution are not a daycare's main priorities, then a daycare accident will likely ensue. Such accidents can be caused by, but are not limited to, negligence, inattentiveness, or a conscious violation of safety codes and standards. If your child has suffered a daycare accident, please contact our Daycare Accident Attorneys for a free, personal, and confidential consultation. You can contact the Law Offices of Michael Cordova at 602-265-6700.
Our attorneys not only work on daycare accident cases but in other product and premises areas, as well as Personal Injury, car accidents, Wrongful Death, dog bites, motorcycle accidents, and criminal defense and DUI, so please contact your local Phoenix attorneys for a free consultation.
*Contingent fees are charged on total recovery. **No Fee Guarantee applies in the event there is no recovery.