Car Accident Witness
Witnessing an auto accident can be a terrifying experience. It is important to stay calm and assess the situation. If you witness a car accident, here are a few suggestions as to what actions you should take.
- Immediately call 911 to report the accident.
- Check to see if anyone was injured; however, do not put yourself in danger. Do not approach a car that is in flames as it may explode. Do not move someone who is injured as any movement may aggravate and worsen the injury. Do try and make the injured person more comfortable by staying near them and talking to them.
- Alert oncoming vehicles of the accident up ahead.
- When police and paramedics arrive, give them all of your contact information and let them know you witnessed the accident. Once this is done, make sure that you stay out of their way.
- As soon as you are able, write down everything you can remember about the accident and include a diagram.
Hopefully, you will never be a witness to an auto accident. However, if you are, remember to stay calm and never run away from the scene. The information you can provide to police will be helpful in determining who is at fault and may even be used in court.
Do not hesitate to call the Law Offices of Michael Cordova at (602) 265-6700. If you prefer, you can fill out our free Case Evaluation Form or chat with a representative through our Chat Service.